MEIKO Installation Programs
Completion of the Performance and Installation Inspection activates the customer's warranty.
The purpose of this program is to ensure:
- The customer's new equipment has been installed and set up correctly.
- Water, drain, chemicals (where applicable) and electric supplies are correct.
This program is provided at no additional charge to customers in the 10 Canadian provinces.
- MEIKO will pay for Service Agency labour for one Service Technician during normal working hours (7:00 AM-6:00 PM weekdays).
- A normal inspection takes approximately 60-90 minutes plus normal travel.
- All after hours or weekend premium charges over and above normal rates are to be paid by the customer.
- If the installation is not complete when the Service Agent's technician arrives and as a result, he/she is unable to complete the inspection provided by this program, the Service Agency may charge the customer for the additional mileage and travel time (no labour) for any additional trips to the job site.
Prior to equipment delivery, the customer should:
- Call the local Sales Representative or Service Agency five or more days before delivery to schedule the inspection (performed by the service agency) and subsequent equipment operation demonstration (performed by the local Sales Representative). This will allow the Service Agency sufficient time to adjust the Technician’s schedule and reserve the time required to perform the inspection, and will allow the Sales Representatives enough time to schedule the demonstration.
- Have all utilities such as water, electricity, chemicals (where applicable) and drain installed, operational and in compliance with Meiko's specifications before the Technician arrives.
When the new equipment arrives, the customer should:
- Inspect the equipment to ensure it arrived in good condition and that no freight damage occurred in transit. If freight damage is discovered, a freight claim should immediately be filed with the carrier.
- Make arrangements with their chosen contractor to uncrate, position and install the equipment in accordance with the Installation and Operating instructions provided by MEIKO.
- Make arrangements to have a licensed plumber and/or electrician present to do the final hook-ups. This is normally required by local codes. Check with your contractor or local Service Agency to verify if this is required.
- Call the Dealer or local Sales Representative to schedule a full product demonstration by an authorized MEIKO sales representative. NOTE: During this demonstration, the customer should have all employees who will be using the equipment present for training on its proper use, cleaning and maintenance.
During the performance and installation inspection (after installation), the MEIKO Authorized Service Agent will:
- Send one qualified Service Technician to perform the New Equipment Performance and Installation Inspection.
- Inspect the new equipment to verify that all parts and accessories were correctly shipped, have arrived in good condition and have been properly installed.
- Check all aspects of the installation and operation, as stated in our New Equipment Performance and Installation Inspection checklist.
- Complete the New Equipment Performance and Installation Inspection checklist.
- Review the checklist and warranty with the customer.
- Have the customer sign the checklist.
- Submit the completed checklist to the factory for logging and to activate the manufacturer’s warranty.
The Performance and Installation Inspection does not eliminate nor take the place of the MEIKO sales representative's full demonstration of the new equipment. The MEIKO sales representative should be present for the Performance and Installation Inspection, and should perform the demonstration at the conclusion of the inspection.